Sunday, January 19, 2014

Welcome to my Blog

Just as the title suggests ...Welcome!

I'm Katrice. 

I was born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio and I'm the oldest of seven children. After completing my B.A in English from The Ohio State University, I decided to come to Columbus State Community College to embark on a degree in Early Childhood Education and Development in hopes of opening my own child care center. The reason my interest lies with children is because I feel I have a natural connection with them, I've grown up taking care of children the majority of my life (my mother even had a in home daycare), and of course I believe that children are our future. I believe it's imperative to invest in their future by supporting, loving, guiding, and enhancing their creativity. 

In my free time I enjoy painting, photography, reading, writing, and spending time with family and friends when I can. As an educator I would like to create an atmosphere for children to learn through play. I hope to instill free thinking as well as guidance and self competence in each and every one of the children that enter my classroom. I want to challenge the children as well as enliven their imaginations. I would hope for them to be mindful of others and build a wonderful sense of community in the classroom. Most importantly, I want to create opportunities and memories of fun and learning to help them grow into wonderful individuals for the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment