Friendship Fruit Salad
The ages that I would be teaching my lesson plan to would be 3-5 and preschool/Pre K and the subject area is social studies. Each child will bring in fruit from home and contribute to making fruit salad. As we're all combining fruit into a bowl, we'll be talking about we're a community. The children will learn the basis of friendship through sharing and cooperating together. We could also learn about different fruits during the process.
Citizenship Rights and Responsibilities for Early Childhood
Participation
1. Demonstrate cooperative behaviors, such as helping, turn taking, sharing, comforting and compromising.
I would implement this lesson during a topic/theme of friendships. As previously stated each child will be required to bring in a fruit and there would be a sign up list for parents. I would of course prepare the fruit and the children will be able to add in the fruit they brought. We would compare and contrast the fruits and talk about the different fruits that were brought. It might get a little tricky with the children passing around the bowl so I would be there to guide the process along. Hand washing would definitely be key beforehand. The only challenges that I would see are if a child had a specific allergy to a fruit. All that would be needed to rectify that would be to post a separate sheet with allergies.



No comments:
Post a Comment