I was a little reluctant before visiting the site because math isn't really one of my strong points. I figured math online wouldn't be much better, but after looking through the videos I realized how simply he breaks down mathematical concepts. If I wanted to teach in the school system I would introduce this to my students. The videos are actually really easy to grasp and you can always pause and rewind if you need further clarification. I can definitely see more online courses in the future considering that I'm in a online class now. I believe things will only continue improve with technology and education.
Koller Review:
Exploring the coursera course offerings I was primarily interested in the business and educational professional development courses. Unfortunately, Columbus State Community College does not accept coursera transfer credits. I think it would be interesting to take a course that you're really interested in and also from a prestigious university like Harvard. Of course I believe that some courses may be challenging than others just like with any other online course. I think MOOCs are definitely revolutionary to the education world because it allows people to access higher education and become more informed on a subject that matters to them.
No comments:
Post a Comment